- We’re looking for a self-directed developer with experience of developing early stage digital products, who wants to help scale tech for good in the UK by joining our product development team.
- Full time, remote with 1-2 days London/National travel a week - our team is spread across the UK and we meet up face-to-face about once a week.
- £30k - £50k salary - dependent on experience.
About the role
This role is ideal for someone who's comfortable developing ideas into valuable products, who's looking to have a positive social impact with their work.
You’ll be instrumental in driving change in the charity sector by building digital products that help tens of thousands of charities to better use digital themselves to tackle social issues.
- You'll form an integral part of our team and take the lead on technical implementation working alongside our Head of Product and other developers and designers.
- You'll also get the chance to work with all areas of the organisation from research to service design, marketing to customer support, and even the charities we serve in order to build the most impactful products.
- You'll be involved in scoping of projects as well as design sprints to come up with feature ideas. Once the build starts, you'll be responsible for delivering engineering excellence and building products that meet the expectations of users, whilst pragmatically balancing speed, scope and quality to deliver working products quickly.
What you’ll achieve
- Build digital tools and infrastructure which help charities to confidently develop digital solutions to tackle social issues.
- Be responsible for and lead the way on the most challenging technical aspects of our products.
- Establish and uphold software development best practice for the organisation.
What we value
- Creativity: a resourceful and resilient problem solver that always delivers.
- Freedom: the ability to set your own direction and efficiently manage your time to meet the team’s objectives.
- Learning: we’re hiring you for your ability to learn quickly not because we think you already know it all.
- Collaboration: an awareness of your limits and the value others can bring, eagerly seeking support and offering help in the spirit of learning when challenges present themselves.
- Motivation: a passion for using digital technology to create social good.
What you do well
- At least three years of experience in software development roles (or equivalent track record) and an understanding of how to build production systems.
- Experience building digital products used by real users.
- A good understanding of the web platform as a whole and awareness of front-end and back-end best practices.
- You're experienced in planning and working on software projects: managing stakeholders while delivering projects on time.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build productive working relationships.
- Self-confidence and ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- A desire to learn and develop.
- Working knowledge of the product development process, and experience of what it takes to deliver valuable products.
- Experience of scaling digital products.
- Experience of working in an product team.
You need to be eligible to work in the UK and be able to travel to London (or elsewhere in the UK) about once a week.
At CAST, we help people use digital for social good. We're on a mission to create a more responsive, resilient and digitally-enabled social sector by supporting non-profits to embed digital and design across their services, strategy and governance and working with sector leaders, funders and government to make this happen.
Interviews with suitable candidates will be held on a first come, first served basis. As such we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.
- Our interview process begins with an informal phone call to help you learn more about the role and to help us learn more about you and your background.
- Following this we may ask you to complete a technical activity prior to interviewing.
- If we move forward, we will invite you to an on-site interview so we can have a face-to-face chat and write some code together. You will also have the chance to meet the team, have a look around our offices and get a feel for who we are.